Well begun is half done!
For this new year I have many resolutions and moral duties to fulfill. To name a few:
- learn from older people, but only if they have really good things to offer. Adults are not all alike;
- be afraid, but always carry on because the angels will protect you;
- start drinking Coca Cola zero;
- eat some chocolate bars, they are so good for the spirit;
- fill your house with old friends and many new ones;
- prepare some desserts to give to people. They need so much love;
- be grateful to those who love you. And be grateful to those who you don’t. In doing so, they have helped you become who you are.
- prepare mayonnaise without eggs. It is delicious on canapés. It is light and incredibly similar to traditional mayonnaise. It’s not a bad start. Is it?
200ml (6.8 fl oz) sunflower oil + 100 ml (3.5 fl oz) milk (or soy milk) + 2 tablespoons of lemon juice + 1 pinch of salt.
In a tall glass, (like a blender) pour the oil, milk, lemon juice and salt. With an immersion blender, blend at medium speed until the mixture thicken. This operation is quite fast. Put the mayonnaise in the fridge to rest and serve with your favorite recipe. I love spreading it on soft milk bread to be stuffed with zucchini cut lengthwise and sauteed in a pan with olive oil, garlic and chili pepper. Or with Tropea red onion chopped and sauteed for 20 minutes in a pan with olive oil and water. Delicious to be served as an aperitif.